ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is Disk Cache: Read Only in Render Settings do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian LeeWhat is Disk Cache: Read Only in Render Settings do?
by on Dec 14, 2013 at 2:28:55 am

I know what is a disk cache. But read only means?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: What is Disk Cache: Read Only in Render Settings do?
by on Dec 14, 2013 at 7:31:02 am

It means that the disk cache is not written to during renders for final export if you have that set.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

David KinseyRe: What is Disk Cache: Read Only in Render Settings do?
by on Aug 8, 2014 at 9:03:30 pm

Hi Todd,

Learning AE from scratch the past few months. Started to think there must be a way to use the rendering process to create RAM previewed frames for the same comp over the same time period. Sorry if I'm using the terminology awkwardly. Let me try another way, let's say I have a comp named "CompA" and I don't have many "RAM preview" frames in the timeline. I render out the first 30 seconds to an AVI using the Render Queue. When the render is over is there some settings in preferences or in the renderer that would tell AE, "Hey, now that we've finished all that hard work, let's make it available in the RAM preview!" If such a feature does not yet exist, that would be an exceptionally helpful bonus from the rendering process, yeah?

Thanks,
- DLK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]