ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Removing tracking points from a slider shot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
xavier corralRemoving tracking points from a slider shot
by on Dec 12, 2013 at 2:49:51 pm

I am attempting to remove tracking points from an iPad shot. My coworkers though by having the iPad display a black screen with tracking marks it would make my job easier. However, since I track with mocha they were completely useless. In order to make the shot look more realistic I would usually use the actual black screen from the footage (matted out) set to screen mode to get the reflections from actual footage on top of replacement screen. Unfortunately, because there are bright white tracking marks on top of the footage that won't work super well. For simpler shots I simply created a solid, sampled color from the screen, then tracked it on top the mark. Not perfect, but after setting the footage to screen it worked great. However, in one particular shot, the subject shows a package to the person on the iPad screen. This bright green package has patterns that make using a solid very difficult.

My solution to this problem is to attempt a clone stamp. So I parented the clone's position to the tracked point. However, I need to also stick the clone source's position to the screen since this is a slider shot and everything moves. Of course I can easily parent the source position to the tracker, I need to offset it to the right a few pixels so that it isn't just sampling the tracking mark on top of the original. I have pretty limited expression knowledge so this is what I attempted.

temp = motionTracker("Tracker 7")("Track Point 1").attachPoint;
[temp(0)+15,temp(1)];

So all I did was use a pick whip after temp = to the tracker. Then I attempted to put the x and y positions into the position value of the source. This was just a shot in the dark because I don't actually know what Im doing. But I do get the following error: "Function Property is undefined Expression disabled. Anyone have any ideas?

If there is a better way I should be doing this let me know.

Return to posts index

xavier corralRe: Removing tracking points from a slider shot
by on Dec 12, 2013 at 3:52:06 pm

HELP! - Slider Shot Compositing from Xavier Corral on Vimeo.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Removing tracking points from a slider shot
by on Dec 12, 2013 at 6:22:51 pm

[xavier corral] "temp = motionTracker("Tracker 7")("Track Point 1").attachPoint; [temp(0)+15,temp(1)];"

Try this instead:

temp = motionTracker("Tracker 7")("Track Point 1").attachPoint;
temp + [15,0];

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

by on Dec 12, 2013 at 7:30:21 pm

beautiful! Thats what I wanted, now hopefully this technique actually works. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Removing tracking points from a slider shot
by on Dec 12, 2013 at 11:48:11 pm

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and trouble by NOT using any markers. mocha will do an excellent job by tracking just the area around the reflective screen.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

by on Dec 13, 2013 at 1:46:07 pm

I know. like I said, coworkers did it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved