ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Camera shake from a jet flying by the screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moran YacoubCamera shake from a jet flying by the screen
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 8:13:26 pm

Can someone knows how can i add a camera shake for a jet that is passing by the screen ? Im making a projects and i would like the jet to pass from the right side of the screen and i need to make a camera shake for 1sec, i did ok with the heat distort

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Camera shake from a jet flying by the screen
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 10:20:58 pm

Scale the shot up a little bit and animate the position. It will wiggle.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brendon MurphyRe: Camera shake from a jet flying by the screen
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 11:59:55 pm

You can make this process easier by adding an expression.

First, precompose your scene, and then alt-click the stop watch next to the position property. You'll see an area appear where you can insert text (an expression). Select any text that's there and replace it with "wiggle(x,y)" - not including the quotations. For x, put the number of shakes you want per second. For y, enter the value for how large the shake should be (in pixels).

If you want to control this even more so that the wiggle only happens at a certain time, drop a "Slider Control" effect on your layer. This time make your expression say "wiggle(x," and then drag the pick whip to where it says "slider" on your Slider Control effect. Finish by adding the ")" at the end. It should now read wiggle(x,effect("Slider Control")("Slider"))

Now, the wiggle amount will follow your slider value, which you can keyframe to occur at the right time.

You can check out this documentation for further clarification:
http://helpx.adobe.com/en/after-effects/using/expression-basics.html

best,

Brendon Murphy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]