ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Word effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oli Duncanson
Word effects
on Dec 8, 2013 at 11:56:04 pm

I was wondering how i could do this effect to these words in this video?

Also I was wondering how this was done as well

When the set of words are changed they rotate and switch to different words. I'm really bad at explaining things but i hope you can understand what i'm talking about! thank you!

Return to posts index

George Goodman
Re: Word effects
on Dec 11, 2013 at 10:29:29 pm

1) It looks like a combination of blur and scale for each character.

You can use fast blur and change the blur dimensions to verticle. Keyframe that to go from whatever value down to 0. When you scale the text, unlink the values so that you can make the x value smaller. For example, keyframe the scale from (30,120) to (100,100)

2) They enabled the text to be 3d then rotated it on the y axis. Once the rotation of the word hit about 90 degrees, they cut the layer and put the new text in and "finished" the rotation with the new text. They used blur to make it look a little smoother. Note that when you rotate the first layer from 0 to 90 on the y axis, the second layer will need to rotate from -90 to 0 so that it doesn't end up backwards

_ ,,,, _



Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved