ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Warp Stabilizer issues (the old dreaded earthquake looking issue!)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Daniels
Warp Stabilizer issues (the old dreaded earthquake looking issue!)
on Dec 8, 2013 at 7:13:51 pm

Recently I shot some footage at a Comic Con panel with a Canon 7D DSLR. I was in the front row, so that was good, and the guy wasn't moving around a lot on stage, so that was good too! I shot it freehand (with a Red Bull in my system lol) So I was trying to just stabilize hand shake of the footage.

Each file I want to stabilize isn't too long, a minute to 3 minutes.

The issue I am running into is that it when I do use Warp Stabilizer, it gives the footage a weird earthquake type look to it.

Is there certain settings I need to look into being that I shot it with a Canon 7d? I am new to this Warp tool, so any info would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Gary Milligan
Re: Warp Stabilizer issues (the old dreaded earthquake looking issue!)
on Dec 8, 2013 at 10:39:04 pm

Warp Stabilizer can do wonders with some footage but unfortunately it can't perform miracles with all footage and sometimes it just doesn't work as well as we might like. The default setting for stabilization is 50% - try backing off to maybe 10% or less to remove the 'jelly' effect. You will have to compromise with having some camera movement. Obviously you're not able to re-shoot but learned a good lesson which might inspire you to use at least a monopod next time. Good luck.

HTH

Gary

Return to posts index

Joe Daniels
on Dec 9, 2013 at 12:03:40 am

you know Gary, I was sooo close to bringing a monopod with me! And this footage is just fun footage, so if there is some shake in there then so be it. I will try what you suggested though! Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

bart stevens
on Dec 10, 2013 at 4:35:12 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "earthquake" effect. If it's something like a "CMOS wobble", you might try changing the stabilization setting from "subspace warp" (default) to position, scale, rotation. You'll lose resolution, but it might give you better results.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]