ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

MOCHA PRO problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Denes FarkasMOCHA PRO problem
by on Dec 8, 2013 at 1:20:53 pm

Hey guys!

So I have this footage. Cheerleaders moving in the foreground, they are standing they are just waving their hands. In the background there is a stadium like hundreds of meters away. I can track it in Mocha Pro, I can solve the camera as well and put it to after effects. The only problem is that I can only track the stadium which is far away, but I need the object in front of the cheerleaders, and no matter how close I put the object in after effects to the camera it still seems that its far away. Is there any solution? Is there any settings for this?

This is the shot, the text suppose to be in front of the girls.

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: MOCHA PRO problem
by on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:34:33 pm

Without seeing the motion, it is difficult to advise. Are you sure that you need a 3D track? If you are getting a good track, possibly simply scale the text?

If you are getting a 3D solve in mocha Pro that is above 90%, than I would guess that your 3D world is not oriented well enough to track this back object. Once the world is oriented properly, you should be able to link the text to nulls and pull them in Z towards the camera.

Again, without seeing the motion, it is difficult to advise. There are some good tutorials for 3D solve found here:

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems

Return to posts index

Denes FarkasRe: MOCHA PRO problem
by on Dec 10, 2013 at 9:41:30 am

Thanks very much. I dont know what could be the problem. I will get back to you if I am stuck again, thanks for the quick response!!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: MOCHA PRO problem
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:14:11 am

In the future, ensure that you have a track-able planar area IN THE AREA where you want to place inserts. This helps to speed things up in post as you will have fewer issues to deal with - it also makes a lot of sense. Further, when camera solving with mocha, at least two different planar surfaces need to be tracked. Ideally, there should be sufficient parallax between the two planar areas. These help the camera solver to do its work effectively.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Denes FarkasRe: MOCHA PRO problem
by on Dec 11, 2013 at 12:29:43 am

Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved