ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Wacom with Rotobrush

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate tullWacom with Rotobrush
by on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:32:14 pm

Im using After Effects CC and the Rotobrush with my Intuis Wacom tablet. Things were fine at first but now when I try to paint a curved line with the rotobrush it will only make a straight line-completely ignores my curve gesture, it makes a straight line from where I started to the point where I stopped. This is making it VERY difficult to get this project done. I opened Photoshop and it lets me make all the curved lines I want but After Effects? No. Any ideas? Oh by the way, rotobrush and refine edge tool...not too happy with it, maybe if I only had a 10 frame piece to work on but something that is 15 sec. or more, garbage. Shoulda just started with the pen tool but now that Im as far in as I am theres no turning back with deadlines and all....crap Im ranting sorry.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Wacom with Rotobrush
by on Dec 4, 2013 at 2:02:03 am

Hey Nate, I would try removing your Wacom preferences. Not sure what platform you're on but in windows you just go to Start>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound and you'll see the Wacom Tablet Properties entry and under it a "remove preferences" option. Also, you might check that your driver is up to date and if all else fails reinstall the driver. Re: your dissatisfaction with the rotobrush, I'm with you. I've tried it a couple of times and ended up abandoning it after a frustrating hour or two. Good luck!

Erik Waluska

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved