ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Can Motion Tracking in AE apply to a Cineware 4D file?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Van GorderCan Motion Tracking in AE apply to a Cineware 4D file?
by on Dec 3, 2013 at 12:56:47 am

Howdy folks!

I have a quandry. I'm trying to use a Cinema 4D LITE file in a composition in After Effects like a floating Title that moves with the subject of my tripod shot. Problem is that i can't seem to find any help on motion tracking EXCEPT for when it comes to 3D camera movements and solving, which doesn't help me since my shot doesn't move through a scene. I've got as far as tracking the motion with the warp stabilizer VFX, but i can't apply these XY coordinates to a C4D because of the transform limitations within after effects...

what i'd love to do is create a series of titles in Cinema 4D and have them behave like a ray-traced 3D object - with parenting, motion tracking, AE lighting, and so forth.

I tried setting up a camera in AE and parenting the camera to the null object, but that inverted the movement of the C4D object around the null object. Is there a way i can export the motion tracker XY coordinates into Cinema 4D?

I'm stumped. And self-taught, so this is as far as I can get without the kindness of strangers.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Can Motion Tracking in AE apply to a Cineware 4D file?
by on Dec 3, 2013 at 1:58:26 am

There are two buttons at the bottom of the CINEWARE effect in the Effects Control Panel: Merge (which sends camera data from Ae into C4D) and Extract (which pulls camera and null/solid data from C4D into Ae).

You may be able to use Ae's 3D Camera Tracker -- in Advanced, choose the "Tripod Pan" for the Advanced > Solve Method, then use Merge to send the camera data to C4D.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved