ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects 3d - anchoring objects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany PippinAfter Effects 3d - anchoring objects
by on Dec 2, 2013 at 4:33:47 pm

I have imported a composition from illustrator. I tried to edit the original after import, which works fine when I'm editing a layer. however, when I try to add a layer, the new layer doesn't show up. Am I missing a step? Also, since I couldn't view my new layers, I decided to add a new text and shape layer in their place. However, they won't stay put like the rest of the composition when I use the camera layer...they move with the camera. What can I do to fix this problem? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: After Effects 3d - anchoring objects
by on Dec 2, 2013 at 8:31:15 pm

> I tried to edit the original after import, which works fine when I'm editing a layer. however, when I try to add a layer, the new layer doesn't show up.

Reloading footage does not add layers from Illustrator (or Photoshop) files. You need to import a file that has the number of layers that you'll be using. Sometimes, I add dummy layers in Illustrator or Photoshop before importing into After Effects if I think that I'll be adding new layers later.

That advice is given in After Effects Help, here:
http://helpx.adobe.com/en/after-effects/using/preparing-importing-still-ima...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tiffany PippinRe: After Effects 3d - anchoring objects
by on Dec 6, 2013 at 3:10:24 pm

Thank you...I will remember that in the future!

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: After Effects 3d - anchoring objects
by on Dec 6, 2013 at 8:05:09 am

Regarding the 'moving-with-the-camera': did you swith the new layers to 3D?

Return to posts index

Tiffany PippinRe: After Effects 3d - anchoring objects
by on Dec 6, 2013 at 3:22:54 pm

Yes, the new layers were on 3D, and I tried switching them off and on several times to get a response. Just wondering if one would need to add the new layer before adding the camera layer?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]