ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Grunge effect or ripped edge

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel RisteaGrunge effect or ripped edge
by on Nov 29, 2013 at 8:35:13 am

Hi guys. I have this logo and I want to make edges like in photo attached but I don`t know how. Can you help?

My logo is like that (but with more layers)

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Grunge effect or ripped edge
by on Nov 29, 2013 at 9:40:49 pm

If you have illustrator you can select from a bunch of different brushes that will give you that look. You can either paint them on or apply as a stroke to a circle or whatever shape you have. Photoshop has some similar brushes but the Illustrator brushes would probably work best for this type of effect.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Gabriel RisteaRe: Grunge effect or ripped edge
by on Nov 29, 2013 at 9:46:41 pm

Well i try this but effect is not what i want. Can you explain better? I am beginner, sory. Also sory for bad english

Return to posts index

by on Nov 29, 2013 at 11:02:10 pm

See if this helps (below). There are some brushes that come with Illustrator but if they aren't what you are after then there are a lot of brushes you can find online, quite a few are free. Search for "illustrator grunge brushes" or "illustrator paint brushes", etc. If this is still not what you want then maybe you could provide more details.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

by on Nov 29, 2013 at 11:15:42 pm

Can this tehnique work on http://graphicriver.net/item/print-design-logo-1590/497416?WT.ac=solid_sear...

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2013 at 1:46:11 am

I would say that's exactly how that was made. They just used several layers with different colors and sizes but the brush appears to be the same on all three layers. It also appears that they used a blending mode, probably "overlay", on the top pink layer. That's why there is a different color where the pink and red layers intersect.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Grunge effect or ripped edge
by on Nov 30, 2013 at 1:39:10 am

You can also use the Roughen Edges effect if all that you need is to, well, roughen the edges.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2013 at 6:52:47 am

Ok guys I will try. Hope I will create that effect. Thank you

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2013 at 7:19:06 pm

can you give more details? I don`t know how to do this

Return to posts index

by on Nov 30, 2013 at 7:38:19 pm

Refer to my previous posts. If there's something in particular you don't understand ask a specific question.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]