slower playback in AE than intended

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne Mortensen
slower playback in AE than intended
on Nov 28, 2013 at 9:03:54 am

Hi!

Hoping someone can help me with this.

Ok, I did all the work I needed to do in my video - which was basically replacing a background on a video so that means I have two layers to export.

When I playback in preview or as an export, both playbacks are much slower than I intended. I wanted to export at the same speed as the video (29.97). I've double checked the comp's settings and when I opened the footage in AE , I checked the box that says, "Same as footage"). In other words, I didn't mess around with any of the settings.

So, I'm confused as to why it is playing back in slow motion.

When rendering out, I also make sure the settings are are 29.97 speed, but it is playback exactly the same as the preview.

Anyone??

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: slower playback in AE than intended
on Nov 28, 2013 at 7:08:59 pm

It sounds like a frame rate issue or your computer is not fast enough to play back in real time. Does the raw footage itself play back normally? You said you've checked your comp settings already so maybe double-check that the imported footage is being interpretted correctly by right-clicking on it in the project window and going to Interpret Footage>Main.

To check if your computer is lagging, do a RAM preview with the Info panel visible and see what the playback frame rate is and also if it says "realtime" or "not realtime".

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Anne Mortensen
on Dec 3, 2013 at 7:40:05 pm

Thanks Erik, I tested this out. First off, yes, the raw footage plays back just fine in QT, in PremierPro and also when I import it into AE (prior to do any edits). When I do a RAM preview (realtime) AFTER the edits, it plays at the correct speed.

It's when I export it that the render is in slow motion.

I double checked the settings when rendering out. I've attached the render options here:

VERY strange.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Dec 3, 2013 at 7:55:35 pm

I see that you are rendering out as "Lossless", which may be the problem. It takes a lot of horsepower to play back lossless full 1080 HD footage in real time, especially if the footage is on your boot drive and/or a slower hard drive. I assume your raw footage is in some other codec like prores or h264? Try rendering out in a lighter codec like that and see if it plays back in real time. I think that's it but if not could you provide info about the original footage format (codec)?

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Anne Mortensen
on Dec 3, 2013 at 8:26:33 pm

yes, the footage is in prores 422 (I'm pretty sure). I'll render it out with the new settings and let you know how it goes....see you in 20

Return to posts index

Anne Mortensen
on Dec 3, 2013 at 9:15:43 pm

Thanks Erik for your help. Yes, it did the trick. I chose to render it out at H264 and it works.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Dec 3, 2013 at 9:21:20 pm

You're welcome. Glad to hear you got it working.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]