ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyframe pickle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikael Gunnerås
Keyframe pickle
on Nov 26, 2013 at 5:31:12 pm

Hi all,

I'm in a pickle with keyframes in AE finding myself in the following situation...

I have original footage shot at 29.97 fps then interpreted and conformed to 24fps in AE.
Lots of keyframes have been added in the 24fps time domain.
Realising a mistake I would now like to return and reinterpret the footage to the original 29.97 fps while keeping the keyframes at their movie position/sequential frame number position but copyimg and pasting the keyframes between different frame rate comps keeps them in an absolute time domain.
Is there a way to use a script or other technique to keep the positioning of the keyframes according to sequential frame number regardless of which frame rate the composition is in?

Grateful for all replys :)

Best regards

//Mikael

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Keyframe pickle
on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:58:39 pm

[Mikael Gunnerås] "Is there a way to use a script or other technique to keep the positioning of the keyframes according to sequential frame number regardless of which frame rate the composition is in?"

Two solutions come to mind:

Re-interpret your footage as 29.97, select all keyframes and alt-drag the last one out. Alt-drag will stretch them proportionally over time. This is pretty easy if you have at least one property keyframed on the first and last frames of the footage. You can use rd:SnapDecisions [link] to align keyframes to the nearest whole frame if you need to.

You could also leave the footage at 24 fps, nest your 24 fps comp in a 29.97 comp, then finally time-stretch or time-remap that comp layer to the new proper duration.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mikael Gunnerås
Re: Keyframe pickle
on Nov 27, 2013 at 3:07:46 pm

Thanks Walter :)

Worked like a charm...

Return to posts index