ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

object scales while rotating

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dom gomesobject scales while rotating
by on Nov 26, 2013 at 4:04:04 pm

When I am rotating an object in after effects cs5 it also scales. How do I correct this? I made a clock and clock hands in illustrator imported them into after effects, I moved the anchor point to the bottom of the clock hand and then when I start to rotate the hands they scale all weird. Please help.

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: object scales while rotating
by on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:33:04 pm

So it is actually enlarging the hand, or is it just not rotating around the clock as you want?

If it just isn't rotating properly, make sure that you didn't just set the anchor point of the whole layer, but that you set the anchor point of that particular shape as well.

If it is physically enlarging, check to make sure you didn't enable any expressions.

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: object scales while rotating
by on Nov 26, 2013 at 6:33:15 pm

Check the pixel aspect ratio of the Composition, from the Composition menu select Composition Settings, make sure the PAR is square pixels.

Return to posts index

dom gomesRe: object scales while rotating
by on Nov 27, 2013 at 4:22:46 am

Changing the Pixel aspect ratio to square pixels was the solution for this situation. I have also had this problem in a character animation when layers are linked. When I rotate an upper arm, the lower arm (which is linked to the upper arm) in the chain scales all weird in a square pixel aspect ratio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]