ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Problem with particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elsie StarbrookProblem with particles
by on Nov 24, 2013 at 12:30:07 am

Hello all! I'm a first time poster, long time lurker of Creative cow's tutorial videos (thanks so much, guys!)
I have a problem with Trapcode Particular. As you can see from the video, I have a line and particles following a null object on a wiggle expression.
I would like some advice on getting the particles to follow the line and fall to the floor, as though twinkling through gravity as it follows the line. This is my first time using trapcode particular, so I apologise if this is an obvious problem! I hope you can help me.

Thank you

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Problem with particles
by on Nov 24, 2013 at 3:28:39 pm

I think you will find it easier to control your particles if you use a light as an emitter(first step). Turn the velocity of the particles to 0. That will get them to follow the line a lot more closely, you can also turn the velocity from motion to 0. Then to get the particles to fall to the floor, just open up the physics property and increase the gravity effecting the particles.

Check out these tutorials on creating light streaks---you can modify the techniques for creating your line particles. Light Streaks

Here's a real simple project I made illustrating the line/gravity technique:

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved