ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE training one-stop shopping?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan MerchantAE training one-stop shopping?
by on Nov 22, 2013 at 5:35:37 pm

I am looking for a good portal for AE training on the web. Preferably video based.

Perhaps a you tube channel, or from Adobe's site.

Something comprehensive that not only has great training, but presents it in a clear way.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: AE training one-stop shopping?
by on Nov 22, 2013 at 5:55:28 pm

Try tv.adobe.com and then do a sort by Channels. There's a lot of good stuff there. Lynda.com also has a wealth of training materials, well categorized, and well presented. You'll also find a wealth of training materials right her on the COW:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/02/after-effects-basics-tutorials-...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE training one-stop shopping?
by on Nov 22, 2013 at 6:54:32 pm

I recommend starting here:
http://adobe.ly/AE_basics

That links to the resources that Joe mentioned, as well as several other good resources.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: AE training one-stop shopping?
by on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:56:04 pm
Last Edited By chris brett on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:58:30 pm

Hi --- just learnt AE myself -- did it as below after quite a few false starts.

1 AE basics on Video Copilot -- then browse a few of Copilots tutorials just to get an idea of how to use it on more advanced comps.

2 Checkout Andrew Devis's tutorials on Creative Cow -- nice steady pace and well explained - good for basics and intermediate.

3 Get stuck in !! -- set yourself a problem and dont give up till you do it ----- trawl individual problems as they occur on the net -- you tube / video to brain etc etc -- theres masses of good stuff out there.

4 Copilot tutorials again and again until it does your head in ....

I dont think you will find a one stop shop but good luck if you are looking

All the best ------------------------chris ---

=============================================

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:59:30 pm

> I dont think you will find a one stop shop but good luck if you are looking

Chris, did you look at what I linked to?

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:12:40 pm

Hi Todd

Yes I did - also, by some strange coincidence, just took another look myself when you posted.

I accept that all the info is in there but I guess what I was saying is that I reckon its best to have a number of sources and I would stick with that on the basis that different sites have different strengths.

I found Copilots slick operational style inspiring and quickly remembered a lot of the tricks and Andrew Devs's tutorials very reassuring and easy to follow - also, of course' I looked at the Adobe site.

Maybe depends a bit on personal preferences.

All the best ------------------------- chris --

================================================

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:22:13 pm

Chris, my point was that the link that I gave links to both the Video Copilot materials and the Andrew Devis Creative COW materials, as well as others, in an ordered set.

I don't know how much more "one stop shop" one could get.

After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2013 at 10:57:24 pm

Hi Todd --

I guess you could look at it like that but many is the time I've ended up trawling the net for answers despite these great resources.

Basically we agree -- the sites listed are very much what I used myself ..... maybe a bit of a plug from me for Andrew Devis and Andrew Kramer because these were the tutorials I found most suited my approach however have to say the Adobe intro and much other good stuff was 'essential reading' also.

------------------------ chris --

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]