ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Scaling a previous made comp from 720p to 1080p

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rex Polanis
Scaling a previous made comp from 720p to 1080p
on Nov 22, 2013 at 4:35:45 pm

I have a comp i purchased from pond 5 that was created at 720p but I want to convert it to 1080p with out degradation.

Is there a simple way to do this without going to every precomp ect and resizing and scaling? Thank you

One man with courage makes a majority.

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Scaling a previous made comp from 720p to 1080p
on Nov 22, 2013 at 4:55:37 pm

If there aren't any assets(jpegs,video) that are 720, then try this script. Recursive Scale

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on Nov 22, 2013 at 5:17:03 pm

Thanks, but there is an asset, an Ai logo and when I use the upscale script the asset loses some clarity. Is there another way?

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 22, 2013 at 6:09:57 pm

Do you press the continuous rasterization(looks like a sunburst) button for the logo, cause that should scale up without a problem.

After Effects Help /
Managing layers
, more info can be found under "Collapse Transformations/Continuously Rasterize" and "Continuously rasterize a layer containing vector graphics"

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:08:32 pm

John, thank you. That did the trick. Thank you both for answering. I voted for both your comments. Thank you

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on Nov 22, 2013 at 7:22:59 pm

Here is another question, last one I promise: I have trapcode particular creating particles in this same comp and now that I have re-sized everything, the particles are now materializing off center relative to where they where originally; how do I fix that?

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Nov 22, 2013 at 8:14:29 pm

Me, I'd just open up particular and grab the emitter position and move it to where it needs to go.

What happened is that the position of say 160,160 for 720 comp is different than it would be in a 1080 comp and that doesn't update. I'm sure there is a mathematical way to re-position it so it would be in exact same spot, but that's a little beyond me. If you absolutely need that though, ask in the expressions forum, Kevin or Dan could probably work something out for you.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Rex Polanis
on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:07:13 pm

Thank you again.

Canon 7D
Adobe CC Master Suite
Digital Juice
Video Copilot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>