ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC Particle World Not Keyframing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren SamaraCC Particle World Not Keyframing
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 10:47:16 pm

Hi, I'm new to this site and I've looked for an answer everywhere!

So my issue is that I created fire using the cc particle world effect. I wanted to keyframe the position so it looked like it was moving around, but when I played it back, it didn't move.The coordinates changed, but the actual fire in the comp didn't move.

After I tried to search for an answer and failed, I moved on to another method of moving the entire layer...not the point though! lol

So next I wanted to keyframe the birthrate....but that didn't do anything either! I wanted to try to make it look like the fire is building so I thought I would try starting the birth rate low, and then increasing it. But if I wanted to have it at, let's say, start at 0 and then work up to 2, then it just doesn't show up - it just appears as if the birthrate is at 0 the entire time. But when I scroll through the timeline and see if the birthrate number changes, the number changes but there isn't a change visible in the comp.

So basically the issue is that the keyframes don't seem to be having any visible change in the comp. I created a fire using CC particle world and I want to keyframe the position and the birthrate.

I hope I'm making sense...if you need to know any more information in order to assist me, feel free to ask. This is driving me crazy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved