ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

I want to wipe on a screen full of flowers revealing text...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin GrossI want to wipe on a screen full of flowers revealing text...
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:01:09 am

This is kind of hard to explain…

I'd like to fill a screen with blooming flowers (they don't really have to bloom, just get to full size from 0%) revealing text. I'm sure one of you guys knows a way to automate some of this.

What I started with is a big word typed on the screen. Then I got a PSD of a flower I cut out and animated it from 0-100 with a little bounce. Then duplicated it a few hundred times and moved them around so they filled the whole screen but the letters. Then offset the layers a frame or so each.

This takes forever and isn't very easy to change. There's got t be a better way.

Corbin Gross | SANMAR
Photographer/Videographer | Marketing
22833 SE Black Nugget Road | Issaquah, WA 98029
206.727.5501 x5237
http://www.sanmar.com

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: I want to wipe on a screen full of flowers revealing text...
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:29:19 am

if you have trapcode particular, you can precomp the text and use it as a layer emitter. then precomp the flower animation and use that as a custom particle.

set the particle velocity to zero, and the flowers should only be emitted from solid alpha portion of the text.

then it's a matte of tweaking the birth rate and such...

without particular, you can use particle playground... i'd need to look back at that effect, it's been a while since i've used it much.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: I want to wipe on a screen full of flowers revealing text...
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 1:03:54 am

'fill the whole screen except the letters...'

sorry i messed that part up, you'll need to make the text in the text comp a track matte for another solid (or some other method to reverse the alpha of the text layer), then the flowers should emit from around the text.

also, particle playground would get tough... it get a bit tweaky with the animated particle sprite. it may be doable, but it would take some work, or someone who's better with that effect than i.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]