ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Audio stutters

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce GaberAudio stutters
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 10:01:45 pm

I am trying to add a music track to an image sequence running at 2 fps (footage & comp settings). On playback the music stutters throughout like a dirty or scratched CD.

This happens with M4a, aif, and mp3 files. I'm rendering lossless and then encoding using AE Media Encoder (h.264). I've rendered with audio set to lossless and to acc. Problem persists. And I did read the thread on this problem as it relates to mp3 and AE.

This has not been a problem with projects running at 29.97 (not image sequences), so I suspect that the issue has to do with the very slow frame rate, but I don't know the solution.

As always the wisdom of experts is very much appreciated

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Audio stutters
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 10:41:10 pm

do you need to keep the render at 2fps?

you can drop a 2fps image sequence into a 29.97 comp (or any other frame rate). playback will still look like 2fps (with just a bunch of duplicate frames). you should also be able to simply change the frame rate of your current comp to the same effect.

alternately, you should be able to set the render settings for your current comp to a higher frame rate.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Bruce GaberRe: Audio stutters
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 12:57:11 am

Thanks Kevin, for the suggestions Dropping the image seq into into a 29.97 comp, or even dropping the comp into a "container" comp simply resulted in a truncated the number of frames (go figure). Changing the actual render frame rate to 30 did produce a correctly timed piece (with, yes, many more frames, as you predicted). But neither fixed the audio problem. I even tried making a comp from the rendered .mov file with the audio added. But again the audio stuttered throughout. Very weird. Any more thoughts?

Return to posts index

Bruce GaberRe: Audio stutters
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 4:07:07 pm

I found the problem--and it was not with AE at all. When I played the rendered mp4 thru AE the sound was fine, and when I via VLC or MPlayerX the sound was fine. The problem, it seems is with the Quicktime player.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved