ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

No motion blur in expression-based movements

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paulo JanNo motion blur in expression-based movements
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 10:51:31 am

Hi all:

I have the following expression, which rotates an object but makes it slow down progressively, until it stops on frame 57:

var r=transform.zRotation;
var speedInicial=45;
var frameFinal=57;
var ratio=speedInicial / frameFinal;
var frameActual = timeToFrames();
for (i=0; i <= frameActual; i++) {
var currentSpeed = speedInicial - (ratio * i);
if (currentSpeed < 0) { currentSpeed=0; }
r=r + currentSpeed;

As you can see, the rotation property has "0" as value, and the expressions adds to it bigger and bigger values as the animation progresses (the 'for' loop).

Now, all this works great... except that the layer has no motion blur. I have tried the following:

1) Both the layer and the comp have "motion blur" activated.
2) I have tried precomposing the layer, and have the resulting precomp's motion blur activated too.
3) I have added "CC Force Motion Blur" to the precomp.
4) I have tried changing the shutter angle to 359, both in the comp settings and in "CC Force Motion Blur".
5) I have tried making the rotation faster (but in fact, this shouldn't be relevant, because I have other objects in the same comp moving at a slower speed, and the motion blur is clearly visible in them).

Something else I might be missing?

(I suspect that the fact that the rotation property has "0" as value might be tripping up the program, but in any case, if I precompose the layer, this shouldn't be relevant, should it?)

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: No motion blur in expression-based movements
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 1:10:01 pm

Try selecting the track and go to animation -> keyframe assistance -> convert expression to keyframes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved