ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How can I control caching frames procedure?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mehdi RafeieHow can I control caching frames procedure?
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:40:14 am

Hi

I'm sorry if it's not a new question. I searched a lot, read some threads, watch some videos about Global Performance Cache but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

The caching frames process in my project takes a very long time. (about 5 sec/frame) I need to restrict it to a few frames. I set the work area to where I need to do some works but the green bar still goes ahead.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How can I control caching frames procedure?
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:28:26 pm
Last Edited By John Cuevas on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:28:54 pm

Go to Edit > Preferences > Media & Disk Cache and uncheck "Enable Disk Cache"

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mehdi RafeieRe: How can I control caching frames procedure?
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 6:05:08 pm

Thanks Johnny

As you said, I disabled disk cache but the green bar still works as usual. Do I misunderstand you?

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How can I control caching frames procedure?
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 6:23:24 pm

Green indicates the frames are locked into RAM preview, not cached to memory. You can clear your disc cache memory from the same location as disable, but I don't know why your computer would be caching to RAM in areas where you restricted the work area.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How can I control caching frames procedure?
by on Nov 19, 2013 at 9:07:08 pm

> The caching frames process in my project takes a very long time. (about 5 sec/frame) I need to restrict it to a few frames. I set the work area to where I need to do some works but the green bar still goes ahead.

This is not a question about caching. It took me several times reading this thread to realize what you are actually asking about.

It seems that you have the From Current Time option checked in the Preview panel, which will ignore the work area for the purpose of rendering RAM previews.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Mehdi RafeieRe: How can I control caching frames procedure?
by on Nov 20, 2013 at 6:57:36 am

Thanks for your attention.

I checked it out but I've not chosen the From Current Time option. When I open a comp, regardless of the work area location and duration, the AE gets started to cache all of the comp frames initially. I really need to stop it. I even tried to get a RAM Preview of the work area to disturb it but after the AE finishes the rendering task, it keeps going to cache rest of comp frames automatically! Any other idea?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]