ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fiverr

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Nelson
Fiverr
on Nov 18, 2013 at 12:57:11 pm

Just found out about this. Anyone have any thoughts?

http://www.omproductions.net

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Re: Fiverr
on Nov 18, 2013 at 2:15:20 pm

A bit confusing at first, not being familiar with Fiverr - I thought you where asking about the website (omproductions). I have a lot of thoughts, but it would help to be more precise in your question. I you mean something like " is it interesting for AE work " , "does it bring the market for motion graphics down" and so on, then I have a few. You get what you pay for is still valid in this context. However, because of all the garbage out there there will be people who will pay for just about anything, so I think it's possible to make some money if you got no better way to do it. That being said, I do not feel threatened in my job security by potential Fiverr "AE artists".

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:03:34 pm

Well, if you feel that a an hour or two(or more) of your work is worth $5, it's a great service. Or, if you want to hire someone who feels that an hour or two(or more) of their work is worth $5, then it's a deal.

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Nov 18, 2013 at 8:07:44 pm

I think $5 is the minimum with no maximum. The good things about it: a reputation system, international reach. The ebay of services if you will.

The bad: international reach. :) No matter how hard you try, can't compete with someone of equal skills who is either subsidized by the government (China), uses pirated software (China, Russia, etc.), or whose living / operating costs are a small fraction of mine.

Google Helpouts will likely kill Fiverr though: it's got the monstrous marketing muscle behind it, integration with other Google services (hangouts), the starting price can be free.

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:55:37 pm

[Alex Gerulaitis] "I think $5 is the minimum with no maximum"

Looks like I was wrong. Was sure I saw listings for higher than $5, but now I don't see them.

Return to posts index

John Nelson
on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:34:50 pm

Thanks. Wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post something like this. I haven't used it but was just interested in feedback from anyone that had.

http://www.omproductions.net

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on Nov 18, 2013 at 10:06:33 pm

Boy, I just read one that was offering After Effects work on 6 minute max project in 4 days - for $5. He's in India. Is it that bad over there that these folks have to sell themselves for so little?

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Adobe CC
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Nov 18, 2013 at 10:23:09 pm

[Steve Brame] "Is it that bad over there that these folks have to sell themselves for so little?"

There is a possibility they are doing that for reputation and to build up a portfolio. I see similar things happening on Helpouts - fairly sophisticated advice for free. Hopefully these prices will go up after the reputation is built.

That said - India has less than 10% of US' per capita GDP. While this doesn't necessarily mean their operating costs are 10% of the US average, it's probably a good indicator. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]