ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CC Particle World - Custom Particles

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan LaschanskyCC Particle World - Custom Particles
by on Nov 17, 2013 at 11:33:58 pm

Hey everyone,

I have looked at several other threads, and I still have not been able to solve this issue I am having with CC Particle World (I am working in AE CS6). So I thought I would start my own thread

I am trying to make a composition that gives the illusion of a headphone cord growing in 3D space. I have gotten the growth and the 3-Dimentional motion figured out, and now I am simply working on the look of the cord itself.

I am trying to alter the particle to make it black and a consistent width, but it still does not look like a cord per say. I thought that maybe I would use a custom particle (a black circle with a bevel and emboss) to give it more dimension. But when I use the textured Quadpolygon, it looks choppy and gray, not smooth and black. The images below will describe what I am talking about:

If anyone could help me adjust my particle settings so that I can make this look more like a headphone cord, that would be great! I have included the project file here as well, so that you can play around with it yourself:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved