ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio drops on one side

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ronny Nuyens
Audio drops on one side
on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:32:03 pm

I have a weird problem in After Effects CS6, the moment I change my audio levels and do a RAM preview, the audio mutes on one side, if I do an audio preview, it plays stereo. It only seems to affect wav files, although some wav files play fine. It doesn't make any sense...
Thank you for any help!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio drops on one side
on Nov 17, 2013 at 9:27:27 pm

In all of my time working with AE, I have never, EVER heard of a problem using either AIFF or WAV files. Thus, I tend to suspect the provenance of your problem audio files.

Is there ANYTHING out-of-the-ordinary about them? Were they created in some off-the-wall application?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ronny Nuyens
on Nov 18, 2013 at 12:06:16 am
Last Edited By Ronny Nuyens on Nov 18, 2013 at 12:17:53 am

Thanks for your reply Dave, they are just normal wav files that come with a program called Trailer Voice from Sonokinetic. I have never had any problems with it, neither with other sound in After Effects.
Maybe it has something to do with the audio driver on my system?
The problem appears the moment I change the audio level, when I put the level back to zero, the problem disappears... very weird.
It seems it only appears during RAM preview, because when I render the composition it plays fine.

Return to posts index

Ronny Nuyens
on Nov 18, 2013 at 12:24:35 am

I think I am getting on the right track here...
It doesn't affect stereo, 48.000khz, 16 bit.
It seems it only affects the mono files (makes sense), 44.100khz, 24 bit, but then again, why do they play stereo if the level is at zero?

Return to posts index

Ronny Nuyens
on Nov 18, 2013 at 2:11:44 am

I kind of solved the problem. When I convert the wav files to 48.000 khz before bringing them in, everything works like a charm!
I still don't understand why it doesn't work with 44.100 khz files.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 18, 2013 at 3:41:19 am

Well, you CAN tell AE to work with 44.1 kHz audio. It's in the preferences or comp settings; I forget which.

It's more & more common that audio is at 48 kHz and it's easy to change. Just keep 'em straight. I always do, so I didn't even consider that possibility. It does make sense.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ronny Nuyens
on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:05:19 am

I know, but the thing is, when I open a new project, adjust the project settings to 44.100 and bring in one single clip (of 44.100) the problem still remains... not so with another clip I bring in (of 48.000 in a 44.100 project), the 48.000 one acts normal.
Anyway, it's more or less solved, thank you for your time Dave.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:09:26 pm

Just a reminder that you should submit bug reports here when something isn't working as it should:
http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]