ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Not enough disk space render error

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendon SuleskyNot enough disk space render error
by on Nov 15, 2013 at 2:13:56 am

I have a five-ish minute long audio visualization that I have been working on, and I wanted to render it so I could move on to my next project, but when I try to render it, only when it's finished rendering the very last frame (Which sucks cause it takes over 8 hours to render) does it give me the error that I don't have enough disk space and that I need to delete stuff and try again. I thought I had plenty of space left cause right at the end I checked to see how much space I had left and I had a bit over 4GB. Why does it do that? Does it REALLY need more than 4GB just to render the last frame??? It was only taking about 6 gigs of space for the render right at the end...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Not enough disk space render error
by on Nov 15, 2013 at 3:02:30 am

4 Gig file limit? Sounds like you're bumping into disk formatting woes. As in FAT 32 formatting on a Windows disk.

You need to format it to something else.... and what it's called escapes me at the moment: HDFS or something like that.

Heck, you could do it to a 16-gig thumb drive so as not to mess up what's currently on your hard drive.

But don't take my word for it that I nailed the problem, check the formatting on the disk first.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Not enough disk space render error
by on Nov 15, 2013 at 6:59:02 am

NTFS, write/read on windows, read only on mac.
EXFat, works on mac and windows, just make sure the cluster size isn't over 1024.
HFS, only for mac.

Return to posts index

siew keiRe: Not enough disk space render error
by on Nov 15, 2013 at 3:14:37 pm

Hi Brendon,

Just a suggestion - if your composition is complex enough such that the export is going to take 8 hours, it may be a good idea to export it out as a TIFF sequence. Then import the TIFF sequence back into AE, add the audio and re-export as a video clip in whatever format you want.

Although it seems like more work, the advantage is that in the event of an error during the export process, any frames that have already been properly exported don't need to be rendered again, and you can just render the remaining frames. The final re-export to video from the TIFF sequence should be comparatively quick.

Return to posts index

Brendon SuleskyRe: Not enough disk space render error
by on Nov 16, 2013 at 2:25:17 am

That sounds like a good idea, thank you I will try that. ^_^

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved