ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects - how to make NOT THE EMITTER but the PARTICLES follow the path - ANTS TRAIL

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark ferix
After effects - how to make NOT THE EMITTER but the PARTICLES follow the path - ANTS TRAIL
on Nov 14, 2013 at 12:32:07 pm

hi I have been looking everywhere and all I found about paricles following the path is that in fact emiter follows the path ans leaves the particle behind

What I am after is something oposite - a particle emiter is stationary but the particles follow the path - emagine ants following each other from and to the anthill,

adding additional features like faster movement in parts of the path would be a bonus,

Anyone with the idea please help.

Many thnaks
M

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After effects - how to make NOT THE EMITTER but the PARTICLES follow the path - ANTS TRAIL
on Nov 14, 2013 at 3:27:57 pm

When I've needed to do this for simple vector graphics, I've used the text animation features and had characters follow a path. Because you can get symbol / wingding fonts with a lot of different graphics elements, this turns the text features into a more general vector graphics animation feature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Matthew Childs
Re: After effects - how to make NOT THE EMITTER but the PARTICLES follow the path - ANTS TRAIL
on Nov 14, 2013 at 4:30:01 pm

Hey Mark.

This is pretty simple to do with Trapcode Particular; What particle engine are you using?

In Particular, you animate a light with the name "Motion Path 1"

Under Physics, Air, Motion path, change it from "Off" to "1"

Return to posts index

mark ferix
on Nov 20, 2013 at 10:52:19 am

hi any chance for more detailed instructions please, I have tried for a few days now but obviusly I am missing the trick,

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

mark ferix
on Nov 20, 2013 at 11:22:27 am

many thnaks found it!

http://www.redgiant.com/videos/quicktips/item/197/

Return to posts index

Matthew Childs
on Nov 20, 2013 at 3:11:25 pm

Glad you were able to figure it out. Let me know if you run into trouble!

-Matt

Return to posts index

mark ferix
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:49:33 am

thanks gents,

As i am a true rookie here would you be able to reply in more details how to do it, please?

Thanks in advance,
M

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]