ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

PACE error message

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WilsonPACE error message
by on Nov 9, 2013 at 12:06:50 am

Please excuse me if you see this post in several forums. I have something insidious on my Mac Pro that affects Motion, FCP 7 and add of my Adobe CS6 products.

I had been working all day in Apple Motion, and output a file than needed a tweak. When I went back to reopen the project I got a message telling me "REQUIRED SOFTWARE EXTENSIONS ARE MISSING" and to go to the PACE website to download something. I've seen this before when launching a variety of software, but could always dismiss the message and continue. Now Motion won't launch completely and I get the spinning beach ball when trying to cancel the message or even give in and visit their nefarious web site! After Effects is buggered on this machine as well.

I didn't install any new plugins, launch a web browser, check email; nothing in the 5 minutes between outputting my Motion comp and trying to relaunch the program.

About 5 years ago many people posted complaints and solutions regarding this message and use of dongles for Pro Tools plugins. Haven't seen anything lately and old solutions don't work with my current OS (10.6.8). Suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My deadilne is looming and I'm dead in the water.

Chris Wilson
Moving Pictures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved