ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Disk Cache issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kelly armstrongDisk Cache issues
by on Nov 7, 2013 at 10:50:03 am

Hi there,

I'm trying to open an old AE project but I keep getting a message which says my disk cache is full.

I went to Preferences> Media & Disk Cache and then emptied my disk cache and maximized its size, however the message still comes up when I open the project.

Once I click 'okay' to this disk cache message all I see is a blank AE interface, and my original working project is missing.

Any help?

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Disk Cache issues
by on Nov 7, 2013 at 1:00:27 pm

Do you have enough space on the drive you set AE cache to? I tend to get that message if I have less than 100GB available.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Disk Cache issues
by on Nov 7, 2013 at 4:29:01 pm

Are you really getting a message that says that your disk cache is full, or are you getting message that says that there's not enough room on your disk for the size of disk cache that you've allocated? I'm guessing that it's the latter, in which case After Effects is just telling you that there is a mismatch between how much disk you've told it to use and how much room there actually is on the disk. You can dismiss this message; it's just warning you that you don't actually have the room that you thought that you did when you set the cache size.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved