ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How Do I Track and Stabilize a Moving Object and Keep It Centered On-Screen?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neal SicklesHow Do I Track and Stabilize a Moving Object and Keep It Centered On-Screen?
by on Nov 6, 2013 at 7:58:57 pm

Hello gurus!

I'm trying to analyze some moving objects I have on film but want to keep them centered. I've been manually keyframing the position to get this effect, but I'm sure there's an easier way. I also have tried using the tracking feature but it does not keep the object centered/stationary. For example, I have filmed a bird flying but I only want to watch how it flies without watching it move across the screen. I also have Mocha, but have not figured out how to accomplish this, yet.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Neal

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How Do I Track and Stabilize a Moving Object and Keep It Centered On-Screen?
by on Nov 6, 2013 at 8:32:19 pm

The Warp Stabilizer VFX effect can be used to lock down a specific part of the scene.

Steve Forde shows hot to do that in the video by him linked to from here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/06/additions-to-warp-stabilizer-vf...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Neal SicklesRe: How Do I Track and Stabilize a Moving Object and Keep It Centered On-Screen?
by on Nov 6, 2013 at 8:40:46 pm

Wow, that's pretty nifty. I'll have to try it. Thanks, Todd!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]