ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Empty result when exporting!?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karla GrusEmpty result when exporting!?
by on Nov 6, 2013 at 12:48:49 am

Hey, everyone!

I'm super new and started using AE just a couple of hours ago.

I made a very simple project with circels and dots spinning around, I'm happy with the result BUT when I export and then add it to my Resolume Arena composition the SWF-file is totall black/empty.

I searched around and even checked on youtube, followed there way of exporting the file, still nothing. When I exportet a FLV-file (video?) and opened with VLC it was all perfect.

Happy for all comments, thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Empty result when exporting!?
by on Nov 6, 2013 at 5:38:02 am

First, why are you exporting to SWF? That is almost always a bad idea from After Effects.

That said, you probably have the Unsupported Features setting set to Ignore. See this page for information about that:

I strongly recommend that you start here to learn After Effects:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Karla GrusRe: Empty result when exporting!?
by on Nov 6, 2013 at 11:00:24 am

Resolume (VJ-software) supports SWF-files and they usually work fast and smoother so the computer doesn't lagg when visualizing. I'm not sure but I believe that many visual clips/loops are made in After Effects(?)

So basically rasterize means to "remove all the features that SWF doesn't support"? I did try to export out both with "ignore" and "rasterize" none of them worked. I also checkd of all the boxes in the exporting option (audio, continuos-loop etc.) Also turned of blurring the only 'effect' I have.

Thanks for the Getting started guide!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved