ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particle playground wall and layer map (ANSWERED)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael MenefeeParticle playground wall and layer map (ANSWERED)
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 12:36:38 pm

I have a simple text layer with the word "new". I would like to have the particles from the particle playground cannon react to those letters as if colliding.

So, I make a mask around the text, point my cannon at it and everything works just as I want (besides the particles being to bouncy)

Here's where the problem comes in.....

I dont want standard particles, I want the particles to be a strawberry via layer map. I change the particles with the layer map option and now the particles react to the wall MUCH differently. They will bounce off of the wall before they even hit the mask. The reactions are so far off, its unusable.

Its as if AE isnt understanding the particle size difference between the default particles and the new ones generated by layer map.

Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Particle playground wall and layer map
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 9:35:33 pm

the particle size when using the layer map, should be the size of the the layer being used as a layer map. so you want your strawberry to fill that layer as much as possible, touching each edge if possible.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Michael MenefeeRe: Particle playground wall and layer map
by on Nov 6, 2013 at 12:45:19 pm

I cant believe I didnt put two and two together. The size of the comp the strawberry layer was in was far too big, needed to be same size as the strawberry

Just like Kevin said above

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved