ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE and Websites

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maria MassariAE and Websites
by on Nov 3, 2013 at 1:00:54 am

So I have been asked on more than a few occasions to use my AE skills to create interactive graphics for websites. I always respond, "Sorry, talk to a webby person!". I have just had another incident which has sent me here. So here is the question:
Other than iWeb, I have no web skills and I don't want to learn extensive coding (other than what I need to know for AE expressions).
Is there a way to translate AE comps to create web content, either with HTML snippets, gadgets or whatever?
Thanks,
MM

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AE and Websites
by on Nov 3, 2013 at 7:46:24 pm

You can export from After Effects to Flash and create interactive web content. I don't have any experience with it myself other than a lesson from one of the "Creating Motion Graphics" books years ago (recommended), but I recall it wasn't super difficult but did have to be done a specific way to work correctly. Here's the Adobe Help Page to get you started, then try googling "after effects to flash" for some more info. HTH

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Maria MassariRe: AE and Websites
by on Nov 3, 2013 at 10:36:47 pm

Thanks for the response!
I think that would be just for creating a flash movie, yes?
I was thinking something with more interactivity from the users end.
Meaning, the user hovers over a "layer" and gets a visual change or a link to somewhere. Maybe there's a better way to this from Photoshop rather than AE.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: AE and Websites
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 3:56:06 pm

You've just described an interactive Flash movie. Did you check out the link? Look into it, I think this is what you're after.

Erik Waluska
EAWmedia

Return to posts index

Maria MassariRe: AE and Websites
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 11:40:05 pm

OK, thanks I will.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]