ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

continuously rasterize 3D layers with various resolution comps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcel schobelcontinuously rasterize 3D layers with various resolution comps
by on Nov 2, 2013 at 6:19:37 pm

Hello Guys,
picture the following scenario :

i have a couple of 3D layers that move along the z -axis. this happens within a sub comp that i am using in another comp with a higher resolution. when i turn on continuously rasterize on the sub comp the 3D transformations are still there but relative to the main comps resolution. Is there any way to avoid this - except turning off continuously rasterize of course.

i basically want to have a. ) continuously rasterize on and b.) tell the subcomp to keep it´s pixel space for the transformations and NOT adapt to the higher resolution main comp

i hope you understand what i mean

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: continuously rasterize 3D layers with various resolution comps
by on Nov 2, 2013 at 8:22:22 pm

No. You can't.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: continuously rasterize 3D layers with various resolution comps
by on Nov 3, 2013 at 2:59:18 am

Can you expand on the problem, perhaps with pictures? What you're asking for sounds like the regular behavior to me.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

marcel schobelRe: continuously rasterize 3D layers with various resolution comps
by on Nov 3, 2013 at 10:28:15 am

hey Darby. i give it a try: the red circle transforms from z -900 to z 0 within a sub Comp ( resolution : 800*720).

now the subcomp is nested in the Main comp ( 1600 * 720 ).

a. / b. show the transform with continuously rasterize off (that´s how it looks in the sub comp) c. / d. show the exact same transformation with continuously rasterize on.

turning continuously rasterize ON makes the sub Comp adapt to the Main Comps World Space ( i guess that´s what is going on ??)

so that is the problem.
m.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: continuously rasterize 3D layers with various resolution comps
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 12:36:51 am

You have a couple of options to solve this. The first is easiest but may be less adaptable:

1) Make sure that the pre-comp with collapse transformations enabled has its 3D layer switch enabled as well.

2) Set only the Z scale of the pre-comp layer to 200%. This is the third number in the scale property and is only available when the layer is a 3D layer (see step 1).

The 200% value is derived from the fact that your main comp is 200% as wide as your pre-comp.

The more adaptable solution might be to:

1) Create a new camera in your pre-comp (the default camera is "50mm").

2) Copy that camera layer.

3) Paste that camera into the main comp and then press the "Reset" button next to the Transform group header to reset the camera transforms to default.

This gives you a camera with the same zoom value as the camera in the pre-comp and sets it in the correct "default" position.

If you already have a camera animation in the pre-comp or the camera is not at the default position then this solution gets a little more complicated as you'll have to account for the offset in the "center" position of the main comp. You could create a new 3D Null and set it to the center value of the pre-comp. In your example this would be [400, 360]. Then parent the pasted camera from the pre-comp to the null and set the null's position to the main comp's center point, in your example [800,360]. This should essentially 'Reset' the camera transforms without changing any pre-existing keyframes on the camera.

The null can be deleted after this is done.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

marcel schobelRe: continuously rasterize 3D layers with various resolution comps
by on Nov 4, 2013 at 8:56:49 am

Thank you very much Sir !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]