ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Screen Replacement

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony EamensScreen Replacement
by on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:47:28 pm

Ok so i'm new to After effects but have been watching a lot of tutorials and gaining a bit of experience, however I've hit a brick wall in terms of this.

I'm a UI designer and have recently started to animate my screens to show the developers, but I want to finish these off by placing the animated screens onto an image of a mobile phone / tablet. The images I have are in perspective so not front facing, and I've searched numerous terms to find out how to do this, and have come across 'Corner Pin' however every tutorial or information I find is referring to placing a Video onto a video and tracking the motion, where as I want to place a Video (Animated Screens) onto a still image (Mobile phone) which is angled. I did try positioning the video manually, changing it into a 3D layer and tweaking the values but this proved very difficult. I'm presuming there is a simple method to do this?

Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Screen Replacement
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 12:27:25 am

You're looking at a two-step procedure -
(1) remove the existing perspective/distortion
(2) apply the correct perspective/distortion to fit the mobile phone

(1) -
(a) use four Guides (two horizontals and two verticals) to create four corners/points that match the outline/perimeter of your video

(b) apply CC Powerpin and enable its Unstretch prop

(c) move Powerpin's four corners to the respective corners/points that you created in (1a) above

(d) scrub the appropriate Powerpin corner values to perfectly un-distort the image

2 -
(a) apply CC Powerpin again and set the corner values to fit your mobile phone.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Frank FeijenRe: Screen Replacement
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 7:22:57 am

Hi Roland, You'be got me wondering: why would you need to remove the perspective?
My basic workflow would be to use the standard corner pin on the precomped video, drag the corners to the corners of the still phone, and set blend mode to screen.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Screen Replacement
by on Nov 1, 2013 at 8:37:00 am

[Frank Feijen] "Hi Roland, You'be got me wondering: why would you need to remove the perspective?"

Cos his insert layer/image is already with perspective and it this perspective is different from the background (mobile phone). Without first removing the inherent perspective and then re-introducing the correct perspective, the resultant composite will likely look strange - which the user has also shared.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Screen Replacement
by on Nov 3, 2013 at 2:57:35 am

It's not clear from the first post which images are in perspective and which are not.

You have good advice for either case but I'll just add that I think CC Power Pin is vastly superior to Corner Pin for several reasons. I'd use it even in the "simple" case

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]