ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make objects in footage have trailing light like slow shutter drag?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny MulenHow to make objects in footage have trailing light like slow shutter drag?
by on Oct 31, 2013 at 10:43:39 am

The lights on the back of the shoes and bike leave a long streak of a fading smokey color as they move.

Some examples:

(ff to 1:50)

(ff to 1:40)

I absolutely love this effect but I honestly have no idea how to begin. If anyone can guide me that would be appreciated, thanks!

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: How to make objects in footage have trailing light like slow shutter drag?
by on Oct 31, 2013 at 1:12:33 pm

I think in both examples that was creating using a particle generator. For example in the first one the shoes are tracked, then a particle generator is tied to the result. Also you would need to create some kind of 3D camera tracker also to get the streaks to look like they are part of the scene.

Here's a couple of tutorials on Light Streaks. You should have enough to go on to either get a start with this now, find more tutorials, or ask more specific questions.

Found another tutorial that might be helpful(camera tracking): Show A Motion Path With The StroMotion Effect---

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]