ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Write-on very slow to display

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Write-on very slow to display
on Oct 30, 2013 at 3:03:33 pm

I have a comp with tow instances of the write-on effect, the position of each is linked to individual nulls that mimic and hand drawn movement.

Even when the layers soloed it takes a long time to render a single frame, I have a fast machine with enough ram and vram, so I don't know what could be causing this.

Anyone has had a similar experience?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Write-on very slow to display
on Oct 30, 2013 at 11:13:33 pm

to see if the expression is causing the issue, try converting the expression to keyframes (animation>keyframe assistant>convert expression to keyframes).

it won't delete the expression, just disable the expression, so if you need it back just re-enable the expression (click the ≠).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 31, 2013 at 8:55:22 pm

it could also be that the brush spacing value is very low, forcing the effect to draw more dots than it needs.

you could try to increase the spacing until the line starts to break up into a string of dots.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Nov 7, 2013 at 10:21:47 pm

Yes, that was it, thanks. However even with the smallest spacing value possible I'm still getting the string of dots and not a continuous line. I guess I'm stuck with this because I don't want the line to be thicker than it is right now.

Thanks!
David.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]