ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

GREEN SCREE REMOVAL. how to get the value of a particular color in the composition (after effects) and what is the best way to get rid of the glowing edges on the subject ???

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antony MonteiroGREEN SCREE REMOVAL. how to get the value of a particular color in the composition (after effects) and what is the best way to get rid of the glowing edges on the subject ???
by on Oct 30, 2013 at 6:51:03 am

Hey guys, this being my first post (wanted to ask many things before and ended up finding them already posted.) so please bear with me. I wanna know if there is a way to get the value of color in the composition (in after effects) ,like an effect or plugin (preferably free). see I'm working on a pretty badly lit, badly captured green screen video dat is leaving out residual green on the subject. effects like spill suppressor won't work and choker or shrink in keylight is not getting any desired results(rather making the subject look like a gorgoyle).

if I'm able to get the color values in the composition I will be a little satisfied.

finally wat is the best way to remove the greenish glowing edges without shrinking it (ma employer is not buyin redgiant composite wizard so dat is out of the question). any links to other blogs, threads, tutorials will be much appreciated.

*(Thank u creative cow,, u r helping me a lot.)

Return to posts index

nick tallentsRe: GREEN SCREE REMOVAL. how to get the value of a particular color in the composition (after effects) and what is the best way to get rid of the glowing edges on the subject ???
by on Oct 30, 2013 at 9:18:23 am

When you say colour values, do you mean RGB digits, or hex code etc? The pipette tool in the character window (or a pipette anywhere else in ae) will do that for you.

WIth regard to green spill and poorly lit footage, this is one of the bug bears of compositors, theres not a great deal you can do about it if its really bad. The keylight manual is a good place to start https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/support/user-guides#keylight.

Perhaps post some screen grabs so we can see your footage and set your expectations of how far you can go with the key? With regard to tutorials just google it, there are stacks, is assume you are familiar with the video co-pilot basic keying videos? Again a good starting block.
Nick

"Life's a progress bar"

Return to posts index

Antony MonteiroRe: GREEN SCREE REMOVAL. how to get the value of a particular color in the composition (after effects) and what is the best way to get rid of the glowing edges on the subject ???
by on Oct 30, 2013 at 10:52:24 am

thank u nick for the reply.. i meant the rgb values. and over time i was able to get a better output.. another issue i have is the video is full of grains as it was shot with auto exposure and ND filters are also not set properly and top light is directly on top of the character's head giving extra exposure..

Return to posts index

Steve BrameRe: GREEN SCREE REMOVAL. how to get the value of a particular color in the composition (after effects) and what is the best way to get rid of the glowing edges on the subject ???
by on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:36:15 pm

This current thread is discussing this same question...

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/1043179#1043546

Asus P6X58D Premium * Core i7 950 * 24GB RAM * nVidia Quadro 4000 * Windows 7 Premium 64bit * System Drive - WD Caviar Black 500GB * 2nd Drive(Pagefile, Previews) - WD Velociraptor 10K drive 600GB * Media Drive - 2TB RAID0 (4 - WD Caviar Black 500GB drive) * Matrox MX02 Mini * Creative Cloud
-------------------------------------------
"98% of all computer issues can be solved by simply pressing 'F1'."
Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]