ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Torn "Horror" Text

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ihab Ali
Torn "Horror" Text
on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:51:35 pm

Hi,
Anyone know of an easy way to create the random torn up text effect seems in the 4 seconds of this video?

I'm specifically looking for a way to split text horizontally and displace the split part then animate whatever that property is to get that effect. Obviously a multilayer approach is possible but seems like too much work for something that simple.

Thanks

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Torn "Horror" Text
on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:39:50 pm

For a few bucks you could buy the BadTV or Distortion scripts.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ihab Ali
on Oct 29, 2013 at 10:57:21 pm

that's not at all what I'm looking for and plus the sort of "bad tv" preset is easily done with the AE animation preset "bad tv"...no need to pay.

I'm specifically looking for a way to split and offset text in AE

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:52:08 am

1) Several masks on an adjustment layer, use Transform > Distort on adjustment layer and animate x position.

2) Make lines from checkerboard. Use as displacement map. Animate horizontal displacement.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 30, 2013 at 1:55:54 am

I used a similar method a few years ago in replying in this thread(project file included in thread): http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1012235

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
on Oct 30, 2013 at 4:29:53 am

Not trying to steal your thunder John, just trying to help out Ihab.

Return to posts index

Ihab Ali
on Oct 30, 2013 at 5:24:58 am

Thanks so much guys...this is exactly what I'm looking for... really helpful

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 30, 2013 at 11:13:52 am

Didn't think you were stealing my thunder, while I was busy looking for that old thread, you just went and created the look. The more answers/more approaches and more techniques, everyone wins.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]