ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Dual display problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mika Viljanen
Dual display problem
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:29:32 pm

I have a small issue with my two monitor setup, which is very recent as got my 2nd display yesterday.

I setup my workspace so that the comp window is on left (monitor 1) and everything else on right (monitor 2). I do a lot of work via Skype so for screensharing I need my comp as large as possible as thats really only view the director needs to (and wants to) see.

Now that I fired up again, all my windows are neatly piled up on center of monitor 1, none are in monitor 2. Its rather annoying to start dragging everything over every time I fire up AE. I am sure there is a way to fix this, I just seem to be too thick for that...

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Dual display problem
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:04:29 pm

I'm not sure why you need to redrag things---usually AE opens the way I closed it, but when you get your windows/panels setup the way you like, go the Workspace pulldown and create a "New Workspace". If it reverts back to something else, choosing your Dual Monitor workspace will put it back(does for me)

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mika Viljanen
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:38:23 pm

Mine just doesnt work. If I close AE and restart, all windows are neatly centered on my main monitor.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:31:05 pm

did you try creating a dual monitor workspace and saving it?

Otherwise, what kind of computer, GPU, OS are you using---I'm not a computer guru, but some of the guys at the Cow might be able to diagnose the problem based on the machine specs.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Mika Viljanen
on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:43:17 pm

I did create a two-monitor workspace yeah.

Graphics card is AMD FirePro W7000, both displays hooked up with displayport. 24 cores, 64 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro, AE CS6.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:59:35 pm

[Mika Viljanen] "I did create a two-monitor workspace yeah."

What happens when you reset the workspace?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Mika Viljanen
on Oct 29, 2013 at 7:24:48 pm

Now that I tried, all windows stayed where they are. I closed AE and restarted, windows were again piled but resetting put them right where they belong! So I'll just reset every time I start AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]