ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Red claw slash effect across a title screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick McleodRed claw slash effect across a title screen
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:22:48 am

Hi, I am after some assistance for a short title sequence to a promo video I am creating.

The idea is to have the title of the project come into view, then with a dramatic change in music, have a claw slash right across the title

I know I know, this is probably quite a lot easier than I would imagine, but whilst i am good with Premiere, I am only a beginner with After Effects, so would welcome some guidance or assistance with this, thank you

The claw is that of a beast/undead/genetically modifed soldier sort of thing/werewolf

If it's possible to make the slash look open slightly so that a trickle of blood and flow would be an advantage, but I need help, so would appreciate any I can get

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Red claw slash effect across a title screen
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 11:38:27 am

First how/what are you going to use for the claw as it goes across the screen. If I were doing it, I'd try to shoot it over a green screen and key it out.

For the rips,add a solid over your title. Use masks to create the rips, what will be cut out, then add the roughen edges effect. Finally use a linear wipe transition to animate the rips on(or you could animate the masks paths). Now change the title Mode of the solid to "Silhouette Alpha" and it will cause your title to be ripped away.

For blood, I'd probably look for some ink drips and composite them over your title.

Here's a simple project illustrating the ripping technique.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Rick McleodRe: Red claw slash effect across a title screen
by on Oct 29, 2013 at 12:03:56 pm

It's just going to be a black screen, the idea is that the title will zoom in to full view, then seconds later 3-4 claw marks run across the screen.

I'll check the link out later, thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved