ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Create glowing 3D hemisphere ?!?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans OberholzCreate glowing 3D hemisphere ?!?!
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 10:31:42 pm

Hey folks,

im going nuts trying to figure it out:
Im trying to create a glowing spot which will be multiplied and must accessable in 3D combined other layers.
Plus: The backside must black and the glow must be keyable.
What i tried:
1. Two layers, one black one colored. Set the black one a little lower so its the backside. Fine.
Then i tried cc particle world. Reversing grativity, using air resistance and setting the particle type to lines i received a good shape. Set the visibility to "above floor" which is great to avoid the particles penetrating the black side. But it doesnt really glow. The opacity does not decrease towards the outisde of the hemisphere. Using Softener and Motion Blur didnt fix either.

2. Same layer method. Using Trapcode Particular. Way better result in imitating a glow. Can't get the shape right. With normal particles incresing the amount, the glow and feahtering i got a better glow "feeling". But it went though the floor layer. Obscuration Layers fixed it badly. In proflie it doesnt obiously work at all.

So does anyone have an idea? I would be incredible greatful!!!!! Please try to give specific hints!!
Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved