ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE 5.5 Crashing during render (during initializing render plugin advance 3D)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil SicktermanAE 5.5 Crashing during render (during initializing render plugin advance 3D)
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 5:49:30 pm

I have a layer in my AE 5.5 comp that is a psd file with a transparent background. I specifically used the smudge tool ( i believe) to create the effect of undulating the .psd file at various key frames. When I try to pre-render this layer (which previews fine), I get an error (initializing advanced 3D plugin). I tried many different output file types and codecs and nothing seems to help. (I am also using RBG-Alpha which I have luck with when I do straight, quicktime, tiff with other pre-render layers with transparent backgrounds) Any ideas?
I am willing to recreate the layer and the key frames using another file type to start off with (instead of PSD) if that would help. I would just like to learn a proper method for this scenario from an experienced AE user this time, instead of first ruling out 50 things that won't work through trial and error. I also have 12 GB of Ram assigned to AE and a cache on an accessory 1TB drive so processing power doesn't seem to be the issue. (Forgive any bad terminology...I'm self teaching myself this program for the most part). Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE 5.5 Crashing during render (during initializing render plugin advance 3D)
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:37:28 pm

Check to ensure that you have the latest updates for AE 5.5. Try rendering again. If it fails then try rendering a comp from another AEP. Next step would be to reset preferences - hit Ctrl+Alt+Shift while AE is initializing - wait for a prompt to confirm deletion of the Prefs File.

If these steps fail, then report back.

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Neil SicktermanRe: AE 5.5 Crashing during render (during initializing render plugin advance 3D)
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:47:27 pm

Checked last night to see if I had the most current updates and I do.

As for rendering from another , "AEP" (Does this mean After Effects Project" - if not please clarify).

If that doesn't work, I would be happy to change preferences back to default via the means you described and will post back my results.

Thanks,

Neil

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: AE 5.5 Crashing during render (during initializing render plugin advance 3D)
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:59:27 pm

AEP is AE's file extension as well as the acronym for "After Effects Project".

Cheers
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Neil SicktermanRe: AE 5.5 Crashing during render (during initializing render plugin advance 3D)
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 6:41:23 pm

meant to say: "memory," (not "processing power") doesn't seem to be the issue. I also have a decent gaming graphics card (I'll look up the spec if it is relevant to this problem".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]