ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Chroma Key Outer Glow Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zippy MominChroma Key Outer Glow Issue
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 10:13:14 pm

hello to all I am attaching 3 snapshots...the first one is of the keyed out footage..second one is of my circular objectthing below the keyed out footage...and third is the object above the keyed out footage. Now again if I place the object below the keyed footage as seen in the snapshot...i dont get an outer glow and it seems fake even when i track it. When I put the object above the keyed footage the actors hand comes infront of the object and I have to mask...which I dont mind doing...but my question is if I want that outer glow and the only way is to put it above the footage and mask the arm out whenever it passes over the keying even necessary? I am about to put green screens and I want to add some other objects in the surroundings and Id like the same outer glow...Is what I am asking for possible ? Thanks so much ! P.S the alpha exported a bit weird but the circle on the chest is all keyed out. Below are the images. Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Chroma Key Outer Glow Issue
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 12:29:15 am

If I understand what you're doing, I think you could put a copy of the circle thing under the keyed actor and another copy on top. The copy underneath would save you from having to mask the entire hand because the chroma key would do that. For the copy on top you could just use a loose garbage matte to cut out the middle of the circle where the hand will be, just leaving the outer edge and glow of the circle showing. Then you would only have to mask the edge of the circle where the hand crosses it. Does that make sense?

Erik Waluska

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Chroma Key Outer Glow Issue
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 5:21:49 am

If I understand the setup correctly then I'd leave the footage underneath the actor. Then I'd use an adjustment layer above the actor (or pre-compose both footage layers) to create the glow only on the bright blue areas.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved