ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

preview issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Gaskinpreview issue
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 1:25:28 pm

I'm wondering if anyone can shed any light on an issue I have when previewing my animation.

I have used a radial wipe effect on a number of circles to reveal a target graphic and the radial wipe reveals each layer one after the other. This is revealed underneath another circle I have which also uses a radial wipe to reveal this particular circle. The animations work as I want it to when previewing at half quality but when I preview at full quality, I get this annoying issue where the whole of the target graphic appears underneath the other circle first then disappears before it animates as it should revealing the target graphic.

I hope this makes sense. Can anyone please help? Its weird as it previews it differently on each setting

Many thanks

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: preview issue
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 6:44:56 pm

-- do a z-space sort ??? -----c--

Return to posts index

Scott GaskinRe: preview issue
by on Oct 30, 2013 at 9:48:41 pm

Thanks for the response. All sorted now. Think problem was with nesting comps!

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: preview issue
by on Oct 28, 2013 at 2:46:24 am

It's a strange issue indeed. Are you working with 3D layers? If so, set each layer slightly apart in z-space by 1 (or less) pixel. There are obvious issues when AE has to render layers that share the space XYZ space. If this doesn't solve the issue then I suggest that you post the AEP here so that folks can take a look at the comp.

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects CS6 ACE/ACI

Return to posts index

Scott GaskinRe: preview issue
by on Oct 30, 2013 at 9:47:09 pm

Thanks for your reply RoRk. I seem to have sorted it now. I think it was something to do with nested comps causing issues. I still havent got my head around the issues this causes with collapsed transformations etc!

All the best

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved