ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Invisible R3D footage in AE CC (Dynamic link issue?)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Katya AustinInvisible R3D footage in AE CC (Dynamic link issue?)
by on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:45:29 pm

So this is something new i have never experienced with AE CS6 - sequence that is sent from PremierePro CC to AE CC via Dynamic link is completely invisible in the composition window. I can see all the footage lined up in the timeline, opacity = 100% and all the 'eye' icons are on, but in the composition window all i see is the background, set to whichever color i have chosen for it and footage layer boundaries.

If i double-click a piece of footage on the timeline, it opens up fine in the layer window without any mysterious issues.

I checked all AE and PPro CS6 and CC settings side-by-side, everything looks identical. Both versions have all the latest updates.
Currently i don't have any other R3D projects so i can't really compare this one to others to see if there any difference. I'm able to see R3D files used in this project if pulled in individually and not via dynamic link. This issue only occurs with R3D projects, i'm able to send various non-R3D projects to AE CC via dynamic link just fine.

Current work-around is cut in PPro CC > export FCP XML > import to PPro CS6 > send to AE CS6 for color grading and effects. Everything works fine in AE CS6.
Workaround #2 is to save project in AE CS6 and import that project to AE CC. It gives me the "Error (4) reading frame from file [filepath] (86::2)", but i'm able to work with it once i close the error pop-up.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

i7-3930k CPU
32Gb RAM
Nvidia Quadro 4000 GPU
250 Gb SSD for OS/Apps and media cache
2x3Tb mirrored work HDDs
Windows 7, SP1

thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved