ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to change a particular color too another hue without a secondary color corrector in Color Finesse

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael GarskeHow to change a particular color too another hue without a secondary color corrector in Color Finesse
by on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:13:49 pm

I hope someone can help answer a question for me. I have several dozen shots of tools and a part of these tools is the color orange. I need to turn the orange to red without affecting the color for the rest of the shot. I've tried the secondary color corrector in Color Finesse but the luminance values are making it so that I'm also affecting parts of the background and shadows.

Can anyone tell me a way of changing a color to another color that doesn't involve a secondary corrector or masking?

I think there is a color matching function that may help but I've never used this. Any tutorials would also be a big help! Thanks!

Return to posts index

mathew fullerRe: How to change a particular color too another hue without a secondary color corrector in Color Finesse
by on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:26:48 pm

Hard to comment on with no still image or video for reference.

You can try "Change to color" but most likely won't work too well.

Without seeing anything I will only say that it can usually be done in color finesse, just play around with it more.

If you have to roto... rotoing a tool is a solid shape that never really changes that much... so shouldn't be too bad in Mocha.

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

jim bachaloRe: How to change a particular color too another hue without a secondary color corrector in Color Finesse
by on Oct 25, 2013 at 7:43:05 pm

I use Finesse for a lot of my projects. However, the secondary selection tools are all a bit 'iffy' in my experience. I would not recommend them. Better off with either using the Linear Color Key for a flat colour IMHO. Also consider generating a luma or alpha matte OUTSIDE of AE using a free download of Davinci Resolve which has amazing secondary+masking capabilities. Just my 2 cents!

You should follow me on Twitter here. My latest work

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to change a particular color too another hue without a secondary color corrector in Color Finesse
by on Oct 25, 2013 at 8:26:29 pm

How about the Change Color or the Change Color To effects in AE? I'm not 100% positive on the name of that second one: not in front of my AE machine.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: How to change a particular color too another hue without a secondary color corrector in Color Finesse
by on Oct 25, 2013 at 10:12:53 pm

The Change To Color effect is what you're looking for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]