ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

LED wall - odd aspect ratio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Rozon
LED wall - odd aspect ratio
on Oct 25, 2013 at 5:05:44 pm

I have a basic understanding of after effects and I have an upcoming project that has me stumped.

Client has pandoras box – coolux video server which will be feeding an 8mm LED wall that is 4’ High by 192’ long. The operator/tech wants media to travel the full distance of the wall.

The tech has suggested i deliver the media in the following format.
• I break up a composition into 6 horizontal slices.
• an image would travel from left to right in the first/top horizontal slice
• Once the image gets to the far right side of the composition it would then pick up on the left side of the second horizontal slice
• Once the image gets to the right side of the second horizontal slice it would then pick up on the left side of the third horizontal slice.
• On and on through all slices to the very end.

The tech says he has the ability to take that stacked composition and spread that out evenly onto the LED wall. sounds good to me.

I dont have any idea on how to set up a composition to do this. I have a lot of media that has to be displayed this way so i am hoping i can set up a template that allows me to input whatever media that they want. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

mathew fuller
Re: LED wall - odd aspect ratio
on Oct 25, 2013 at 5:27:47 pm

The inches of the screen is kinda' irrelevant.

What are the Pixel dimensions of the comp you need to make?

I once had to make an absolutely huge animation for Nesquik to play on some weird sized screen in Times Square. And I was dealing with this same kind of thing.

Here's my suggestion.

Make the animation in one master comp. (all six screens)

Then place that master comp in 6 different compositions, one for each screen.

Then simply work out the math so that you move it on the X axis the proper amount, to make each of the 6 comps render out the portion of your master comp appropriate to that screen.

Make sense?

My Work:
http://www.morecompletefx.com

Return to posts index

Paul Rozon
Re: LED wall - odd aspect ratio
on Oct 25, 2013 at 5:30:52 pm

Simplicity is usually the best option. Your method sounds good to me. pixel count would be 5760 x 60

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]