ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE audio levels won't drop low enough

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George GoodmanAE audio levels won't drop low enough
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 7:32:44 pm

I have a stock music file that I'm dropping down to -48db for a fade out. However, that isn't low enough. You can still hear the music continue! What?!?

I'm editing the file in audition and dropping it lower there, but still, what gives? I shouldn't have to do this.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE audio levels won't drop low enough
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 8:43:19 pm

Welcome to the joys of audio in Adobe After Effects. It isn't the planet's first choice for manipulating audio. You can TRY to type in a value -- negative 150 instead of negative 48 -- but I don't know if it would work. You could run a test and see.

The reason I don't know: I've never tried to use AE for anything more than reference audio, and rarely using AE's Reverb effect on an adio clip. I fine AE's Reverb effect very easy to use. I don't even render audio out most of the time: just the videeo... and that's on lip-sync audio, too.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

George GoodmanRe: AE audio levels won't drop low enough
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 9:16:36 pm

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the response. Ya, I don't use its audio for much, but a simple fade on a piece of stock music shouldn't be too much to ask for.

I tried typing in the value like you suggested, and it actually worked. Was surprised; figured since it didn't slide any further it wouldn't let me. Cool to know.

I actually already fixed it though. I added the stereo mixer effect and brought the "left level" and "right level" down to 0%. Haha, pretty ghetto, but was just trying to do it quickly. I was going to edit it in audition but I actually dropped it in twice so it would have effected both layers. Didn't want to export it as a whole and blah de blah de blah.

PS You've helped me tons in the past with your countless responses to others queries :) Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved