ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking w/ Shape Layer: How Do I Position The Shape After Tracking?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt FrameMotion Tracking w/ Shape Layer: How Do I Position The Shape After Tracking?
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 11:38:19 am

Hi Everybody :)
Pulling my hair out here as surely there is a darn simple explanation (and you'll probably slap your forehead at the stupidity of my problem) but...just haven't been able to figure this out as all of the tutorials I have watched fail to fill me into my particular issue. I'm working with AE CS6 and essentially I have a fairly large section of video (about 40% of the frame) that I'd like to have blacked out with a square via the shape layer. In order to ensure that the shape seamlessly blacks out the area I need, I have applied a motion track and have targeted the shape layer as the shot is a little shakey at times. All is well, tracking is great. However, the square on the shape layer is not where I need it to be and naturally if I reposition it after the fact, the tracking points are rendered useless. How the heck do I position the square on my shape layer in the exact spot I need it to stay at AND then have the tracker use that position as the place it needs to stay? Thanks much :)

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Motion Tracking w/ Shape Layer: How Do I Position The Shape After Tracking?
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 1:08:40 pm

Apply the track to a Null and ling your shape to the Null. Re-position using the Shape Layer controls. This way the track data is unaffected.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Matt FrameRe: Motion Tracking w/ Shape Layer: How Do I Position The Shape After Tracking?
by on Oct 24, 2013 at 5:52:49 pm

Great! Thanks Ted. Worked well! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]