ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What Mac OS versions work with CS4 Production Premium?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James RobertsWhat Mac OS versions work with CS4 Production Premium?
by on Oct 22, 2013 at 8:40:10 pm

I've been stuck in an upgrade conflict for a while, and I'm wondering if anyone can clear up what it is I can use with my setup.

I'd like to get my mac computer up to a more current OS, but I can't get solid info if this will force me into expensive upgrades to all the Adobe apps. I just can't afford to spend money on something I already have right now.

I only heard that moving beyond 10.5.8 isn't compatible with CS4 from someone who isn't much of an expert, so maybe he misled me, but I was made to expect a couple hundred for each app. Maybe that's normal in the software world, to never really "buy" the program as much as pay into an ongoing subscription, but I just can't swing that right now.

Does that mean I'm stuck with 10.5.8?

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: What Mac OS versions work with CS4 Production Premium?
by on Oct 22, 2013 at 11:04:06 pm

i can say no problems with cs4 and 10.6 (snow leopard) here at work, and from what i've read there are no known problems with cs4 through osx 10.8 (mt lion).

i'm less hopeful that there won't be issues with 10.9 as adobe has released updates to cs6 and cc to run with mavericks.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

James RobertsRe: What Mac OS versions work with CS4 Production Premium?
by on Oct 23, 2013 at 6:50:08 pm

Hmm. That runs counter to what I'd heard from someone I know that had just Photoshop CS4. He had to pay for the upgraded version in order to get it working with his newer mac. He's isn't the most tech knowledgable, though, and may have been given bad advice he just followed.

I'd like to move to a more recent OS. I use Blender a lot, but I can't get the latest updates because they dropped support for below 10.6. And now Apple is offering their OS for free, but if the $1700 suite I have gets locked out, that upgrade is $600 - $700 last time I checked

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: What Mac OS versions work with CS4 Production Premium?
by on Oct 23, 2013 at 8:24:04 pm

here's a list of known issues with several cs versions for lion:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/known-issues-mac-os-10.html

nothing for ae, the photoshop issue seems easily resolved you can check any other software from cs4 that you use.

i would make sure that you have the latest updates for both cs4 and the osx version.

i did have an issue with apples proapps codecs at some point after upgrading to snow leopard where i couldn't read previously encoded quicktime files that use xdcam. to fix i had to get copies of the older codecs from another machine, but it's worked fine ever sense.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Tammy SeidickRe: What Mac OS versions work with CS4 Production Premium?
by on Jan 29, 2015 at 12:35:52 pm

Hi James,
I'm way late to the game on this ... but I'm in the same situation you were in when you made this post. May I ask what you did, ultimately, in updating your OS ... and how did CS4 work for you after that?
Thanks!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]